Sunday, March 25, 2012

Not just a bakery

I loved Julie and Julia. And for Christmas my uncle gave me Julia Child's cook books and I was so excited! I couldn't wait to make the famous Boeuf Bourguignon! I think I mentally prepared for this meal for 2 weeks. The recipe is so involved that I'm not going to post it on here, unless someone requests it. So here are some pictures from my adventure.





















The cutest baby onions on the planet, right?



OMG!! I'm going to cook the rest of my veggies like this the rest of my life. Using beef bullion, bay leaf and butter. These onions were insane!












We also had potatoes, but I don't eat them so mine had rice.
This meal took me about 5-6 hours, but it was so incredible. And it just continuously got better the more it sat and soaked flavor. We had it for leftovers for the next three days. It was so tasty :)

Every once in a while force yourself to go outside the norm and try something really challenging, you just might surprise yourself.
let me know if you want the recipe and I can post it!



No comments:

Post a Comment